Budget Bicycle Center brings together all those who support bicycling for any of a myriad of reasons.
Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin
The Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin is a statewide, nonprofit bicycle-advocacy organization with thousands of members. We inspire, motivate, and unite a strong community of civic, business and political leaders,motorists, and bicyclists to move bicycling forward in Wisconsin.
Key areas of our work include:
- Empowering citizens to build communities where bicycling is an integral and convenient part of daily life.
- Educating decision makers, motorists and bicyclists about transportation planning and the environmental, health and economic benefits of bicycling.
- Teaching road users about their responsibilities to each other.
Trek 100: A Ride For Hope
Bike Wisconsin Tours
Registration for 2012 is now open
- Registration Info:
- Bike Wisconsin BLOG: http://bikewisconsin.wordpress.com
Sponsored Race Teams
Great Dane Velo Club
We are a TRI team based primarily in and around the Madison, WI area but have “branches” reaching as far as Milwaukee, San Diego, North Carolina and Japan! Our motto: Train Hard, Race Hard, Play Hard. We train for and participate in triathlons, ultra distance running events, road and mountain bike racing, first time tris, Ironman Kona , swimming across lakes, mixing the world’s best margaritas, soaking in hot tubs, dancing at parties, sipping drinks in the pool...Read more...
Tour de Cure 2012 – 21st Anniversary
Pick up your bike, dust off your spokes and join the American Diabetes Association as we cycle for a cure for diabetes. Tour de Cure is a ride not a race and offers a memorable day of cycling and fun. This ride is designed for recreational and avid cyclists. Choose from four route lengths, 100K, 50K, 25K and the 4 mile Family-Fun Ride. All routes feature moderately level terrain and country views as we head out of Madison to ride, with fully stocked rest stops, well marked routes, and SAG (safety and gear) vehicles. When you return, you will be treated to a post-ride party with live entertainment and a tasty lunch. Choose the course that is right for you. Invite family, friends and co-workers to join you to form a team in the fight againstdiabetes. Make a difference in the fight against diabetes.
29th Annual Bike MS: Best Dam Bike Ride
Act 10: The Wisconsin AIDS Ride
This years ride will take place August 2nd-5th, 2012. The Ride will be long. It will be tough. And it may very well be the best four days of your life! ACT 10 is the tenth annual Wisconsin AIDS Ride, raising funds and awareness for AIDS Network. All riders are 100% supported. Register to ride and start fundraising, training, and becoming part of the ACT community - a family of incredible people who will be part of your life before, during, and after the Ride. We will train together this spring and help each other fundraise. We will be there for you, and for each other.
Donate today and support our goals of educating the community, raising awareness, and teaching tolerance about HIV/AIDS. Support our Riders and Crew members in reaching their personal fundraising goals, or donate directly to the Ride through a cash or in-kind sponsorship. Thank you for your support!
For more information or to register visit http://www.actride.org/
Capital Off-Road Pathfinders (CORP)
Capital Off-Road Pathfinders (CORP), is the Dane County chapter of WORBA, an organization dedicated to building sustainable trails as well as promoting and creating environmentally responsible off road bicycling opportunities. If you’re looking for a riding partner, to help build/design a trail, or just info on the local MTB trails… this is where you want to be. We also run several races and other group events during the year. We meet casually once a month at a local bike trail (warm night) or indoor location (cold) for discussions, bike trip planning, trail building planning, and what-have-you. Summer location rotates between the local trail locations with a ride afterwords. Winter location to be announced on a monthly basis. All encouraged to come for the ride, the meet, or both. Check out the CORP website for more information about the organization, as well as information about local trails, rides, and races. CORP currently has over 84 voting members and 282 forum members. The number of fund raising events have increased along with our membership growth. We had great events even when the weather did not cooperate. BALLS, Urban Assault Ride, Pitch Black Single-track and 12 Hours of Blue Mounds all gave us positive return on our investments thanks to the volunteers from our club. We are now ready to start a new year with a new president, an additional association organization, and a major new fund raising event. Scott Baryenbruch has served for 3 years as club president. He grew Capital Off-Road Pathfinders from a little Yahoo Group to a Wisconsin Non-Profit corporation with 84 paid members and a web forum of 282 members. Our club is working through the process of becoming an Official Chapter of IMBA. Our group will gain tremendously with this association while continuing to control our trail systems and events. Capital Off-Road Pathfinders and Wisconsin Off-Road Series will be hosting the Battle of Cam Rock on June 17, 2012. The Wisconsin Off-Road Series is the largest off-road cycling series in the United States. We are planning for 800-1000 racers to be racing on the trails of Cam Rock during four separate division races. At the December 2010 meeting, Tom Harron was voted in as club president for 2011-2013. He wants to grow the organization by upgrading infrastructure and associated with additional organizations. Here is the outline for 2012.
- Working with IMBA to become an official chapter
- Upgrading and Updating the CORP Web Site
- Selling Ad Space for the WORS Battle of Cam Rock racer guide
- Creating an inventory database of CORP Assets
- Creating and publishing a database to track CORP volunteer hours
- Planning goals for trail maintenance and trail build days for Spring 2012
- Launching a new membership campaign
- Marketing our organization to the local, state, national and international media
- Summer brings trail maintenance and lots of riding of our bikes.
- August will bring the largest fundraising events of the year. WORS Battle of Cam Rock, WEMS Blue Mounds Endurance Race, and WEMS 12 hours of Pitch Black Single-track are hosted by our group. This month will set us up for an incredible 2013.
- Fall and Winter 2012 will be a time of riding and enjoying memories of 2012.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Scenic Shore 150 Bike Tour
Team In Training
Chasing Summer Bicycle Adventures
Chasing Summer is Southwest Wisconsin's premier bicycle-tour company. Family-owned and based in Madison, Wisconsin, Chasing Summer is dedicated to showing touring novices and veterans alike the best cycling that our area has to offer. Join Chasing Summer this season and see more!
Let us cover the details so you can get out and ride.
Chasing Summer offers:
- Transportation to and from the rides
- Mechanical and SAG support
- Provided lodging and breakfasts on multi-day tours
- Tour information - cue sheets, maps, meal options, attractions, etc.
- Ride snacks and drinks
ALL levels of bicycle touring experience can enjoy Chasing Summer bicycle tours.
- Half-day tours
- Full-day tours
- Multi-day tours
- Made-to-order custom tours
- Supported & Guided
- Affordable! starting at $30
Tour difficulty levels range from a leisurely 20 miles to the 144 mile Insanity Tour. Affordable half or full-day rides start at just $30 Multi-day tours start at only $250* Register NOW for day trip Packages.
Chasing Summer LLC is a family owned business. Email: email@example.com with any questions
Enjoy the Ride!
Help Make A Big Effort for Bike 4 Habitat
Starting In New Glarus Third Saturday In May Where: Remax Parking Lot...26th 5th Ave. New Glarus Choose from 15-30-50 mile routes
- Click here to see 15 Mile Route Map
- Click here to see 30 Mile Route Map
- Click here to see 50 Mile Route Map
- Route map and on road route markings, 15 mile route through the tunnel, bring your flash lights!
- Free T-shirt
- Support staff
- Aid station
- Food and beverages along the route
- Lunch served after ride Donations need to be turned in the day of the event Schedule: Check in: Starting at 7:30 am Bike ride: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Dinner: until 5:00 pm Bicycle helmets required.
Email us your name, address, to take advantage of the early registration discount! HabitatForHumanity@tds.net Or pick up a registration form locally at:
New Glarus Fitness Center
Bike Trail Head-New Glarus
Basic Bike Repair-New Glarus
ALSO IN MADISON
Budget Bicycle Center
Williamson Bikes and Fitness
Erik's Bike Shop
Machinery Row Bicycles
Shuttleguy Bicycle Tours in Wiscosnin
Shuttleguy specializes in superior bicycle touring services for bicyclists with discriminating taste. Since 1999, Tym Allison and his family have been providing thoughtful, quality enhancements including camping, hotel, transportation and charter services that meet the needs of cyclists who love bicycle touring. Their pleasant, professional, fun-loving staff creates a sense of community that will add to your bicycle tour experience. Through integrity, high-standards, and an attention to detail, they manage your concerns allowing you to enjoy a care-free bike tour. Indulge in one of their luxurious services on your next bicycle tour! Now serving the following bike tours:
- Shuttleguy Tours Wisconsin State Park Ride
- Shuttleguy Tours Tri-State in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa
- Shuttleguy Tours BREW (Microbrewery Ride in Wisconsin)
- Shuttleguy Tours Mississippi River Trail Weekend in Iowa and Wisconsin.